Limited, the owner and provider of this Website. Morse Wedding Services Limited takes the privacy
collected by us or provided by you in relation to your use of the Website.
Definitions and interpretation
- Data collectively all information that you submit to Morse Wedding Services Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
- Data Protection Laws any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
- GDPR the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
- Morse Wedding Services Limited, or us Morse Wedding Services Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 3947469 whose registered office is at 92 Orchard Avenue, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 7NB;
- User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Morse Wedding Services Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Morse Wedding Services Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
- Website the website that you are currently using, www.morsecars.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- references to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices are to sub-clauses, clauses,
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website
including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Morse Wedding Services Limited is the
“data controller”. This means that Morse Wedding Services Limited determines the purposes for
which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Wedding details including: date, time, location;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Morse Wedding Services Limited will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other
- when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information
helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP
address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use
and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with
the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used
by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate
interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances
(see the section headed “Your rights” below).
Who we share Data with
11. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to provide quotations and advice;
Keeping Data secure
12. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
13. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach.
If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know
immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: loading... .
14. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and
your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems,
please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading
15. Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Data on
you request that the Data be deleted.
16. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or
17. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any
time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to
the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is
“manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse
your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit
the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our
18. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the
processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact
us via this e-mail address: loading... .
19. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by
us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK,
this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on
their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
20. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if
your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
21. This Website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites. We have no control over
other websites prior to using them.
Changes of business ownership and control
22. Morse Wedding Services Limited may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this
may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Morse Wedding Services
Limited. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so
transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will,
was originally supplied to us.
23. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
24. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent
required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of
27. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy
will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
28. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales.
All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the
English and Welsh courts.
deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately
your first use of the Website following the alterations.
You may contact Morse Wedding Services Limited by email at loading... .
01 September 2018